Do you want to help with this? Join this Discord server and DM an editor. Anything helps, from writing sections to linking us information.
THE HEADLINES AT 1900 EVE ON 11TH OF OCTOBER
NER News at 7 o’clock. This is MrAktilos. Good evening.
- NCdot and B0T reset Pandemic Horde
- Pandemic Horde puts pressure on Dead Coalition
- The Initiative loses multiple supercaps to Shoot First/Siege Green & Friends
- October Patch successfully deployed
NCdot & B0T Reset Pandemic Horde
On the morning of October the 10th, Pandemic Horde members were informed that they are being reset by NCdot and were encouraged to remove their assets from NCdot citadels as they would be losing docking access to them.
Gobbins, the leader of PH sent this ping to his members:
Pandemic Horde and Black Legion attack Dead Coalition in Branch and Deklein
Multiple fights have already occurred, with either one or both sides deploying supercapitals and titans assets.
A large battle occured in X3-PBC on the 8th in which multiple Rorquals from DeadCo were tackled. DeadCo responded by dropping a Titan/SC wing on the tackled Rorquals to remove the attacking forces. During this fight one of the defenders Hels was destroyed by the attackers along with several Rorquals. DeadCo managed to save two of the tackled Rorquals from the attacking forces while destroying the dreadnoughts deployed by BL.
The Initiative loses multiple supercaps to Shoot First/Siege Green and Friends
The Initiative attempted to reinforce a low power Azbel belonging to Shoot First. The Initiative began the fight in Ishtars, then both sides escalated to capitals. An AAR from the defender’s perspective can be found here.
The battle resulted in the loss of 3 Titans, 1 Vendetta and 1 Revenant by the Initiative and the loss of nearly all dreads for the defending forces of Siege Green & friends.
The final toll stands at 540B lost by the Initiative vs 150B lost by Siege Green & friends.
Announcements from CCP :
The October Patch has been successfully deployed on the 9th of October 2018.
Notable changes include:
- Removing nullification from all Combat Interceptors (Claw, Crusader, Raptor, Taranis)
- Changing the ECM Mechanics from completely blinding a target to “taunting” it, meaning the target can lock the ECM Ship or Drone
- Modifying HICs to remove the “Lurch” HIC, meaning HICS fitted with 500mn MWDs allowing them to reach high speeds with high agility, will not be possible anymore
- A new module to allow wormhole pilots to roll holes reliably has been introduced known as the Zero-Point Mass Entangler
- Titans no longer cause AOE splash damage when destroyed
- Titans will not be allowed to tether or dock within 5 minutes of firing their doomsday
- The Damavik has lost a lowslot and gained a midslot
For now, that’s how it is in New Eden. Good night.
Featured image credit: Adan Dimaloun